Best way to record sound during filming?

Immanuel Wirt

also there is a company in CT, the film group, google them and depending your camera model they can modify the camera to be sync sound, its like 500$ dollars.

my super 8 camera that I love and use is a Bolex 5120 and this camera only shoots 1 frame, 18fps, and 36fps. So I wonder is it possible to shoot at 18fps and sync your footage?

G'day

Although I have only used one a few times, I reckon your average mini disc recorder is perfect for the job. They are cheap to buy, around $50 gets you a very good one, they run on AA batteries mostly, they record sound digitally, easy to upload onto your computer, and they will record for an hour easily.

Get a mini DV microphone, and plug it in to the mini disc.

Get a free audio program of the net to edit or save your audio file.

I think this would be the best solution.

cheers, Gareth

Thanks for the advice, I was going to look for a Hi-MD Player. Some of them where very advanced and small too. Cheaper than a DAT recorder. I am shooting at 24 fps. Don't know what that mini slate does thought. But first I am going to stock up film before sellers correct the price..

Check out this website :

http://www.minidisc.org/minidisc_faq.html

I think a minislate plugs into your camera and automatically slates when you star rolling. Anything that clicks is fine, cigarette case, ball point pen, or clicking your fingers as suggested.

My mini disc starts recording when it detects a certain sound level.

Whatever you buy be sure it runs on AA batteries, some came with their own rechargeable batteries that by now cannot hold a chage well.

cheers, Gareth

• 2 weeks later...