Broken 10mm Switar

Eugene Lehnert

My 10mm Switar lens on my bolex recently broke. The focus ring seems to have come loos from the internal geers inside as the focus ring has lost all tension and the lens no longer can be focused.

Can I get this fixed or should I look for another lens? I saw a 10mm Zeiss c-mount lens on Ebay. Would there be a noticeable difference in the apparent sharpness from a Zeiss lens?

• 4 years later...
My 10mm Switar lens on my bolex recently broke. The focus ring seems to have come loos from the internal geers inside as the focus ring has lost all tension and the lens no longer can be focused.

Can I get this fixed or should I look for another lens? I saw a 10mm Zeiss c-mount lens on Ebay. Would there be a noticeable difference in the apparent sharpness from a Zeiss lens?

Hey,

Did you manage to find out if you can repair it or not and if so how much did it cost and where did you get it done?

I have one to, same problem. I noticed that there are screws missing on the focus ring, hm...

it doesnt sound serious. take it to a cine repair shop, or better yet call bernie. if you are using a reflex camera you will want to stick to bolex reflex lenses.

Cool, thanks. I´m using Eclair NPR and I´m based in London.

Cheers!