Which 16mm Camera is better?

Guest FilmmakerJack

Guest Josh Gannon

I paid $100 for my K3 and it has been perfect. Apart from a little bit jitter which doesn't always seem to occur, (I have shot some tripod shots and they have come out perfectly stable) it has been great. It's a must even when hiring a sync camera. so easy to pull out and get cutaways, handhelds, and shots from angles you might not be able to get an SR, they are very non-invasive. Great as a second camera on film clip shoots.

In fact I've shot two none dialouge films entirly with my k3. one of the films I had an Arri BL on and it jamed in the first 5 feet of film and we couldn't get it to run again, so I pulled out the k3 with some 100 ft loads and started shooting. not one jam through the entire shoot.

that night after we rapped I went home and downspooled the rest of the 400' loads and finised the film on it.

the super 16 conversion is pricless. be sure to get it done and hunt around for m42 primes, there are some great lenses out there for next to nothing.

Edited by Josh Gannon

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blkeyed

how do you get that addaptor? and what kind of mag do you use?? for the scoopic?its a pretty nice camera by the way, but i would go with the k-3, unless you want the upgrade.

Hi

=I am currently deciding which 16mm camera I should purchase. I don't have much money, so that =eliminates a lot of choices. I have about five hundred for the camera itself. As of right now I'm down to a =Krasnogorsk-3 and a Canon Scoopic.

I recommend check technical characteristics and price of russian professional 16 mm cine camera Kinor-16 SX-2M

This is real professional cine camera with reflex viewfinder, precision transport mechanism with one transport and one registration pins, electrical motor ( 25 fps or modifed 12..50 fps , crytsal sync motor possible ), 30 m and 120 m film magazines, wide set of prime lenses from 6 mm up to 150 mm,

zoom lenses 7.5-75 mm, 10-100 mm, 12-120 mm and more other accessories.

The size near K-3.

if anybody wish know more about Kinor-16 ask me.