looking for high roller stand for Kinflo Flathead 80

I will purchase a Kinflo Flathead 80, just wonder if there's any good high roller stand with suitable weight and height to use for production, any recommendations ? Also is wind up stand convenient to use, since I found that it takes some time to wind up to the desire height ?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I was researching high roller combo stands for use with an overhead butterfly. I wouild think you could use the same stands. American Grip makes some good ones. Also, check B&H. You can search for exact height, capacity, etc. I don't know anything about wind up stands.

• Premium Member

I just (today) got a few Matthews Hollywood Triple-Riser Combos and they could do the job. They'll support up to 30kg at 4.5m high, and with standard 1" legs, you can get caster wheels for them pretty simply (I've gone with the Kupo casters and quite like them).

Without a wind-up it'll certainly take a couple of hands to strong-arm the light up high. But if you've got the budget (and truck space) for a big wind-up, they do make life much easier.

If you want a rolling stand you can get up high, your best bet is the triple-riser junior stand. The Matthews ones get to about 13'. American Grips go slightly higher but are more expensive. A crank stand is overkill for a flathead 80 in my opinion. No reason it should take two people to man it unless you're that uncomfortable with it. Also potentially safer and even cheaper to just buy a rolling stand than to put casters on combos...