the shoulder apparatus

Paul peabody

I am new to this forum and new to XL2 however I AM ALTOGETHER thrilled lwith the camera,,,however,,,the pad fits way back on my shoulder and is terribly awkward,,,am I just supposed to get used to this squnched position or is there an alternative? also having trouble getting all the data to vanish from the viewfinder,,,I tried to going to display and opening evf but to no avail any ideas for either issue would be greatly appreciated

the pad fits way back on my shoulder and is terribly awkward,,,am I just supposed to get used to this squnched position or is there an alternative?

When I operated the XL2, it killed my shoulder. Indeed, as you said, terribly awkward; it is simply too tiny. The weight of the camera body concentrates itself onto the small shoulder pad, giving you aches and pains on the day of, and day after, production. If I owned the camera I would definitely purchase some sort of shoulder mount; one with padding, for sure.

Of course, the owner happily operates sans shoulder adapter. Either it takes some time to get used to it, or you and I have odd shoulders.

When I operated the XL2, it killed my shoulder. Indeed, as you said, terribly awkward; it is simply too tiny. The weight of the camera body concentrates itself onto the small shoulder pad, giving you aches and pains on the day of, and day after, production. If I owned the camera I would definitely purchase some sort of shoulder mount; one with padding, for sure.

Of course, the owner happily operates sans shoulder adapter. Either it takes some time to get used to it, or you and I have odd shoulders.

thanks alvin,,,I thought there was something I was doing wrong,,,I am sure there is some shoulder apparatus out there.

As for the EVF display...

There's this button in the area directly beneath the handle...

That says EVF-display

Click it and part of the info disappears--

Click again and all the info disappears--and you've got a clean EVF! :)

As for a shoulder brace--check this one out...

http://www.spiderbrace.com/

It's fairly cheap too!

& no I don't work for them.

Good Luck