Film transfer at Home Movie Depot

Guest Christopher Heston

Guest Christopher Heston

Hi, I am currently trying to transfer about 6 50' rolls of super 8 to video. The rolls contain my super 8 film project (not 1970s aunt caroline's wedding type stuff). I am on a strict budget and I am currently looking for a place that will do a transfer good enough to view on a large theater screen.

I've been looking at Home Movie Depot. The company uses a film chain transfer. the estimate for 6 rolls to minidv was about 100 dollars. The price seems to good to be true for the quality that they claim to have.

Has anybody had experience with them or a different place that has good prices (between 100 to 200 dollars for 20 or so minutes).

-Chris

Hi, I am currently trying to transfer about 6 50' rolls of super 8 to video.  The rolls contain my super 8 film project (not 1970s aunt caroline's wedding type stuff).  I am on a strict budget and I am currently looking for a place that will do a transfer good enough to view on a large theater screen.

I've been looking at Home Movie Depot.  The company uses a film chain transfer. the estimate for 6 rolls to minidv was about 100 dollars.  The price seems to good to be true for the quality that they claim to have.

Has anybody had experience with them or a different place that has good prices (between 100 to 200 dollars for 20 or so minutes).

-Chris

Chris,

I've had good results at Spectra Film & Video. They will do scene to scen corrections on their digital RANK sytem with their V3 gate. I trasnsfered a similar amount to of footage to mini DV and was billed about an hour ($235.00). It looked great! ;)

http://www.spectrafilmandvideo.com

For an additional amout they will also prep and clean the footage for you. But you can do it yourself with a viewer as long as you put at least 15' of leader on the head and tail for their Rank.

Guest Christopher Heston
Chris,

I've had good results at Spectra Film & Video.  They will do scene to scen corrections on their digital RANK sytem with their V3 gate.  I trasnsfered a similar amount to of footage to mini DV and was billed about an hour ($235.00).  It looked great! ;)

http://www.spectrafilmandvideo.com

For an additional amout they will also prep and clean the footage for you.  But you can do it yourself with a viewer as long as you put at least 15' of leader on the head and tail for their Rank.

Thank you for the info. I'm sure that their quality is outstanding, however, the price is just out of my range. I'm looking for no more than 200 dollars. However, if that price can be applied to 20 minutes of footage than that would be great. I have contacted them and I'm waiting to hear back.

However, I am still very interested in Home Movie Depot due to the fact that they charge per roll and not per hour.

-Chris