BEAULIEU 6008 PRO

Timothy Gassen

OK, so I have been offered by a seller a BEAULIEU 6008 PRO (non-sync model) for @$500 (US). It has the Schneider-Kreuznach 6-70mm lens.

Can anyone give me your opinions -- is this camera worth this price? According to the owner, it has shot film recently, and will operate at 24 fps & 80 fps -- but with no other guarantees.

I would love to find one with the sync card, or find a sync card for a non-sync model -- do 24 fps Beaulieu sync cards ever pop up for sale?

Any and all advice is welcome...

$500 is close to the average without the crystal sync. Why will it operate at 24 AND 80fps only? It should run between 4 to 80fps.

If you run test shots and it works ok, perhaps you don't need servicing for now. Factor in a price for servicing also to Bjorn in Sweden just to give you peace of mind.

Crystal sync modules do show in eBay from time to time but you can still get them brand new from Wittner:

http://www.beaulieu.de/pages/s8_azub6.php?rubr=s8_azub6

Check with Bjorn Andersson too of Beaulieu Sweden if he has one. His price is typically lower than Wittner.

$500 is close to the average without the crystal sync.  Why will it operate at 24 AND 80fps only?  It should run between 4 to 80fps.

If you run test shots and it works ok, perhaps you don't need servicing for now.  Factor in a price for servicing also to Bjorn in Sweden just to give you peace of mind.

Crystal sync modules do show in eBay from time to time but you can still get them brand new from Wittner:

http://www.beaulieu.de/pages/s8_azub6.php?rubr=s8_azub6

Check with Bjorn Andersson too of Beaulieu Sweden if he has one.  His price is typically lower than Wittner.

Thank you so much for the info!

Yes, the 6008 should operate at other frame rates, but this seller says he's only used 24 and 80 fps, so that's all he knows from a film test.

I'm curious, how much more would a 7008 be worth? Is there really that much of a difference between the 2 models? Thanks again for any info!

Thank you so much for the info!

Yes, the 6008 should operate at other frame rates, but this seller says he's only used 24 and 80 fps, so that's all he knows from a film test.

I'm curious, how much more would a 7008 be worth? Is there really that much of a difference between the 2 models? Thanks again for any info!

It is worth substantially more. They typically sell for at least $1,200. There is a slight difference on the design surrounding the ground glass and guillotine mirror. The rest can be found in super8wiki.com.