Nizo Braun Intergral Series

Ed HPV

Hi,

I'm looking for reviews and info on the Integral series, specifically the Integral 10. I can't see much online, I guess these cameras weren't as popular as the others?

I want to shoot some Super8 this summer and I've been offered two cameras: Nizo Braun Integral 10 and Nizo Braun 4080. According to the technical specifications on Super8wiki, these are similar cameras, but I've been offered the Integral10 for a lot less money.

Both are in good condition, unused for years and not used much when new.

Any reason not to go for the Integral 10 bargain?

Thanks in advance for any opinions/experiences.

Ed

Nizo Integral have few friends. It is a last model and productionnumbers dwindeled then. Too much plastic parts, too modern. The optics should be good and if it works there is little against using one. Mind the ISO feelers and manual functions.

The 4080 is more appreciated. More solid design. The aperture driving belt can be a nuisance when it becomes slippery due to aging. Replacing them is near impossible. As are other repairs.

The same for the feelers and manual control. Don't overload the voltage as warned against in the instruction book.

Edited by Andries Molenaar
  • Upvote 1

Nizo Integral have few friends. It is a last model and productionnumbers dwindeled then. Too much plastic parts, too modern. The optics should be good and if it works there is little against using one. Mind the ISO feelers and manual functions.

The 4080 is more appreciated. More solid design. The aperture driving belt can be a nuisance when it becomes slippery due to aging. Replacing them is near impossible. As are other repairs.

The same for the feelers and manual control. Don't overload the voltage as warned against in the instruction book.

Thanks for the reply. I took the Integral 10 but it looks like the TTL light reading isn't working :-( might buy both now!