This Is A Stupid Question, but I need to know!

Ernie Zahn

Hi, I need help handling manual exposure. I've used it before on my 16mm little Kodak, but that had a chart on it telling me what to shoot at when it's this kind of light and at this certain frame rate. And I've always shot with auto exposure with my Canon because the light is balanced so perfectly. But that Canon was silent and my sound Nizo which I'm going to use on my next project is not quite as good with auto exposure. I'm aware of why the Canon is better with auto exposure and I'm also aware that negative stock particularly Pro8mm negative stock is not ideal for auto exposure. So if anyone could guide me through what I need to know for manual exposure that'd be great. I'm going to shoot at 24fps and the Nizo is a 3056.

One option with the canon: zoom in on a hand or head. take take the reading and lock the aperture. this is what the pros did in the past if they did not have a light meter at hand. the canon 8/1014 XLS lens is totally linear over the zoom range so a reading at full tele is valid for the entire zoom range.

depends somewhat on the motif. composed image reading and lock may work fine to due to the AE-1 built in light metering system.

t