Processing Deadline?

I have a question regarding film processing (Mr. Pytlak's or Mr. Case's advice would be very helpful). I have half-way shot two rolls of 16mm for some tests. The thing is that for a lot of reasons I haven't been able to finish the tests, and the film rolls are still in the magazines, they still have quite a few feet on them. I don't want take them out (unless I have to), so my question is, how long can I keep this film in the magazines which are stored at room temperature? What am I risking by not developing them asap? They have been in that condition for about 10 days now.

I hope I was clear enough.

Thanks,

Your stock will be good for a little while yet. High speed stock ages faster than medium speed - but we are talking several months before age fog starts to be a nuisance. There is also latent image fade - but that is fairly insignificant, and actually reduces over time (so the image loses a little density in the first few hours after exposure, then takes twice as long, (and twice as long again etc) to lose any more.

Keep the stock at a steady temperature, the cooler the better, and away from direct sunlight (which will heat it and cool it each day) and you should have a good few weeks safe.

Your stock will be good for a little while yet.  High speed stock ages faster than medium speed - but we are talking several months before age fog starts to be a nuisance.  There is also latent image fade - but that is fairly insignificant, and actually reduces over time (so the image loses a little density in the first few hours after exposure, then takes twice as long, (and twice as long again etc) to lose any more.

Keep the stock at a steady temperature, the cooler the better, and away from direct sunlight (which will heat it and cool it each day) and you should have a good few weeks safe.

Thanks Mr. Case.

Cheers,