bellows

Filip Plesha

• Premium Member
Does it even exist amont MP camera accessories, and is it ever used (or has been used) for perspective control (like in view camera) or maybe for macro closeups?

Yes, there are some fine bellows attched lens systems which you can use just like a view camera. (you can't swing and tilt the film plane of course) Now, if we only had a 4x5 or 8x10 inch negative. :)

• Premium Member
Yes, there are some fine bellows attched lens systems which you can use just like a view camera. (you can't swing and tilt the film plane of course) Now, if we only had a 4x5 or 8x10 inch negative. :)

Hi,

Fries engineering made a Mitchell upgrade (AF35R) with bellows focus, used on some older motion control rigs, very good for macro.

www.frieseng.com

Stephen Williams DP

www.stephenw.com

• Premium Member

A friend of mine was at a camera check out and a guy in the bay next to him had a Nikon still lens in a slanted mount, so he got slant focus. By removing the lens and rotating it, he could slant side to side and up and down. He made it himslef and apparently it works pretty well. Not quite the same as a bellows unit, but pretty nifty.

Hmmm, now if I can modify the motor drive for my 4x5...

"Hmmm, now if I can modify the motor drive for my 4x5..."

oh what a nasty and noisy machine that would be :D a motion picture version of 4x5 sheet film camera. It would probably look and work like that machine that counts money and would probably move around your money just as fast as that machine. :D

About 45$ for 10 sheets of Ektachrome around here. That would be $6000 per minute of film just for raw stock

• Premium Member

But it would look soooo dreeeamy...

I'm sure you could get a deal, maybe $3000.

Man, you'd need a serious blimp for that. Hmmm, the Sinar blimp would probably cost $10,000 USD :~).

The hard part would be taping all those sheets of film together. Maybe staples. :ph34r:

I think that Kodak Aerial film comes in seven inch widths and is in a big-ass cannister that loads into U2 planes and various modified recce aircraft. I had a girlfriend who worked in the Air Force and had to upload and download them. Very big and heavy. A two person job. Yes, my girlfriend wore combat boots. :lol:

But it would look soooo dreeeamy...

I'm sure you could get a deal, maybe $3000.

Man, you'd need a serious blimp for that. Hmmm, the Sinar blimp would probably cost $10,000 USD :~).

The hard part would be taping all those sheets of film together. Maybe staples. :ph34r:

I think that Kodak Aerial film comes in seven inch widths and is in a big-ass cannister that loads into U2 planes and various modified recce aircraft. I had a girlfriend who worked in the Air Force and had to upload and download them. Very big and heavy. A two person job. Yes, my girlfriend wore combat boots. :lol:

Maybe rather doing a drum scanner DI than taping film together . Perhapse 2000dpi in 16-bit :-)