Nederlandse Film en Televisie Academie

Hello,

Does anyone know anything about the cinematography course at The Film and Television Academy in The Netherlands? What formats they mostly work on, Digital, 16mm, 35mm? How much practical work versus theory?

Also does anyone work in the camera or lighting department in the Dutch film or TV industry? Are there many opportunities for young Dp's starting out? It's a small industry, but is it healthy?

Thanks in advance.

Sam Care.

Also does anyone work in the camera or lighting department in the Dutch film or TV industry? Are there many opportunities for young Dp's starting out? It's a small industry, but is it healthy?

I work as a steadicamoperator and dp for almost 15 years in the netherlands. The industry has made some major changes in the last 6 years. Budgets are under stress and a lot of people left the industry. I have plenty of work BUT that is because i do this already for a long time over here. It's possible for you but it means hard work and it will take time before people know about you. The are plenty of very good dp's over here and there are plenty of GOOD dp's without work. Television is drama, very low rate's and no budgets.

I don't mean to scare you of, just tell you as it is.

Greetings

J. S

www.thecrew.nl

Edited by Job Scholtze

Thank you for your reply.

I was wondering, do many DPs make a living only working in Holland or do some work in different countries like Germany, Belguim too?

Would you say that most music videos, commercials are shot on digital in Holland because of the budgetary constraints or is there still quite a lot of stuff shot on film? What kind of stuff do you shoot and on what format?

Regards

Sam

Thank you for your reply.

I was wondering, do many DPs make a living only working in Holland or do some work in different countries like Germany, Belguim too?

Would you say that most music videos, commercials are shot on digital in Holland because of the budgetary constraints or is there still quite a lot of stuff shot on film? What kind of stuff do you shoot and on what format?

Regards

Sam

As you can see on my website, i do videoclips, commercials and concerts etcetc.

Videoclips are shot on 16mm, but now more and more on XD cam with pro35 adaptor and primes. Next week i am gonna shoot another clip on HD also with primes. Not much film around here anymore. The love HD. I am working in Holland and Belgium. There are lot's of dp's in germany and don't need our dutch dp's.

Greetings Job

http://www.thecrew.nl