Animator seeking Cinematography guidance

Jack Johnson_38359

As someone who is interested in doing Animated Films in the future, I know I might not be your typical film student, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good resources for learning more about Cinematography? (composition, lighting, camera movement for creating different moods/atmosphere.)

Knowing animation requires a whole realm of technical expertise that I will be preoccupied with in the future, I would love to use the time I have now and get a better understanding of film and cinematography so I will able to better tell a story with my work and hopefully evoke deeper feelings from the viewers.

Anyways, if anyone is able to recommend some good sources for learning, I would greatly appreciate it ! thanks in advance ! Whether they are books, dvds, website, or particular films or cinematographer I should pay close attentions to, I'm open to all suggestions!

Would it also help if I list the type of scenes I'm particular interested in?

I've learned a whole lot researching the internet, learning from other both professional and amateur cinematographers, DPs and directors. Watching a lot of shorts, trying and failing myself, and basically doing it yourself. Over time you will get better and better. There are probably great books to read, but I'm more a practical approach kinda guy myself.

I recently started a one-man company, after doing short film on and off for almost 10 years.