Help - Batch edit BWAV timecode

Owen Parker

Hello you lovely sound folks,

does anyone know a way of batch editing timecode metadata in BWAV files?

I can do it one file at a time using Wave Agent but when you have 200+ files from a Zoom recorder it can be tedious.

I have run the pictures and sound through PluralEyes and created new audio files the same length as the picture files and what I'd now like to do is copy all the picture TC start times and apply them the the new audio files.

This will then allow me to Autosync the pictures and sound using TC as the ref. Everything will then sync in one go.

If I use sync using Pinpoints I can only do one pair of pic and sound file at a time, so tedious.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

Hi Phil,

Well I've searched high and low and can't find anything but Wave Agent, which is great but each file has to be modified one at a time.

Avid is the same , I can modify code to clip but only one at a time.

How does the code you wrote work?

Owen

• Premium Member

It's a bit technical and was a lash-up for a particular situation.

If you have picture files where, say, ffmpeg can read the start timcodes, or if you can present them in a list which relates audio filenames and timecodes, it would theoretically be possible to write a script that would do what you want.

I suspect it might take longer to debug than just doing the 200 files by hand, unless it's something you're doing regularly. If you are, I can have a look at it. You would need to be running windows.

P