Red Riding Hood

While it's not out yet, I have taken some interest in TAG Entertainments musical version of Red Riding Hood. Shoot with the Viper filmstream camera on bluescreen, I'm very interested to see how the viper will hold up on the screen. Plus I have liked the work of Randal Kleiser.

Sounds like it might be a good movie, but I don't know how big of a release it will have, since it has very little star power.

My question is: Why is it taking them so long? The CG Lighthouse test footage was shot on 2.19.03 and here it is 6.3.05 and it still is in "Post-Production". They also seem to be able to bring the film in for under $2 million dollars, which seems to me to be awful low. I'm wondering exactly how much they had to pay the CG house? Usually a film like this cost's more than live action.

On the web: http://www.redridinghoodthemovie.com/home.html ... That website includes a trailer, a behind the scenes movie, a CG example clip and the ET! spot. Very cool little site. Macromedia Flashplayer is required.

Edited by Landon D. Parks

I think most of TAG's stuff goes straight to cable or video. I shot half-a-dozen additional scenes (all the stuff with Wayne Rodgers) for "Miracle Dogs" and while they did show it theatrically in Cleveland over one weekend or so (where it was shot) it's main home was Animal Planet.

RRH has been in the works (so to speak) for quite a long time, though, hasn't it...

David Stump Dp'ed this? Thats good news, at least we know cinematography will be top notch.

I think it's kind of bad too they didnt list David stump as the DP. I'll be e-mailing the webmaster with that concern, and see if they cant get his name on there.

I think most of TAG's stuff goes straight to cable or video.

Yeah, I don't remember ever seeing a TAG movie in theaters. However, I know i read somewhere that they where wanting a wide theatrical release for this. Maybe it was in the millimeter artical (http://millimeter.com/mag/video_once_upon_time/index.html) on the film.

Just found out TAG films and 20th century fox are releaseing "Super Cross" to theaters August 10th. This add more hope that "Red Riding Hood" could be in theaters. This is the first time I ever heard of a TAG film getting awide release, but maybe I have not been paying attention.