Latest showreel

• Premium Member

...the music fits well.

Totally disagree. You have a great reel and two things are taking away from it: 1) the fact that the music has lyrics and, 2) the two instances where you allow the dialogue from the respective films to come onto the main audio track. It begins to feel like a music video when you do that.

Your reel can stand on its own, so let it.

Totally disagree. You have a great reel and two things are taking away from it: 1) the fact that the music has lyrics and, 2) the two instances where you allow the dialogue from the respective films to come onto the main audio track. It begins to feel like a music video when you do that.

Your reel can stand on its own, so let it.

You are certainly entiteled to your opinion :)

Thanks guys, so far the response has been similar to your comments. Some really like the choice of music and pacing, while others say it's too long and the lyrics and dialogue are distracting.

Considering this is a showreel made for the purpose of potential collaborators/employers to look at and basically judge my cinematography, I'm starting to agree with the idea of shortening it and using faster paced instrumental score. I personally love this song and had fun editing it this way, but I'm going to cut another one soon. Will see how people respond that.

Thanks again for your comments.