Sekonic Spectromaster C700

Hey guys.
I'm thinking about buy a spectrometer, and I saw the Sekonic's C700
So, I read some reviews on B&H and other websites.. and they're very different: some say that the C700 don't measure green/magenta and some say that's awesome and gives all control you need. haha
Someone here is using this model?
Someone recommends another model?

Thanks

One of the posters here, Stuart Allman has review of the meter:

illuma.blogspot.com/2015/03/review-of-sekonic-c-700-spectrometer.html

I've been meaning to use a contact to evaluate it my self, but alas... no time...

With the plethora of light sources these days, the meter looks like it would be good for sorting out what is going on with the 'color'. I don't know though if the companies which make filters have created products to deal with certain types of 'spike' type spectra that some of the LED/Fluorescents have.

Edited by John E Clark

Thanks John!

Too many light sources and the need to reduce costs is getting ridiculous here in Brazil. With a good spectrometer I hope to get some better options in cost-benefit.

I think these companies are seeing this now, mainly because to them is a pretty good deal make more options for color filtration. But it depends on more professionals (new/mid level) use these tools and know what they need.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I've been really interested in the C700 since I first heard about it, with the speed at which LED lighting is taking over both the shelves in lighting trucks and location/architectural lighting everywhere, it seems like a really timely tool for this discontinuous-spectral age we're living in.

The price put it way on the back-burner for me though.

So I was delighted to find myself pointed in the direction of this fantastic $500 off deal that B&H are running at the moment: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1262827-REG/sekonic_401_700_c_700_spectromaster_spectrometer.html

That's only $999 USD for the meter (for the next 8.5 hours at least). So if anyone else has been considering getting one, I'd say now is the time to take the plunge, I just did.