New Kodak Super 8 Camera customer clinics & feedback sessions

Michael Lehnert

• Premium Member

I am sure lots of Ciny.com users are aware of this, or are taking part, but just for completion's sake:

Kodak is currently conducting costumer clinics and feedback sessions, outsourced to Safari Research, for its new Super 8 camera, provisionally nicknamed "Kodak Neomatic Model 2016" B) , and the format in general. The camera is still planned for launch in CQ4/16, and all is well on that front so far ;) .

Sessions in the UK took place in June and July, and non-disclosure agreements are obviously in place for all participants (at least in the UK), so the content cannot be discussed.

Recruitment for the sessions was done directly based on long-standing relationships with Kodak, as well as a sub-sample drawn from what must be The Super 8 Collective™ newsletter/product-offer subscription, as I received different calls and separate invitations to participate. Below is the standard e-mail that I got from the Collective side (always use non-business e-mails so you know the source of it :D ) . I am not sure how they pre-screened participants on that side in the "telephone interview", but maybe someone here took part in the sessions via that route and can share the experience (don't break NDAs, though, if you signed one).

Hello,

We're reaching out to you because you expressed interest in Kodak's Super 8 products. Kodak is about to conduct some research in the UK and I would like to invite you to participate in this research and share your opinions in a small group discussion.

The session will take place in central London on [redacted] and it will last for 120 minutes. Each session will be run by an independent moderator.

To thank you for your time, we will offer you a [redacted] to participate.

I would like to emphasise that the project is purely for research purposes, no selling is involved, and you will not be asked to divulge any personal or confidential information. May I also take this opportunity of assuring you that the research recruitment agency, Safari Research, abide by the Market Research Society Code of conduct.

If you would like to participate, please e-mail [redacted] including your full contact telephone number.

Once you have registered your interest in taking part, you will be contacted by the research recruitment agency who will check some further details with you before confirming your suitability.

Kodak values your opinions, so I hope you will be able to join us.

Sincerely,

The KODAK Super 8 Team

We can safely assume that the Kodak will now turn into likeness of a Leicina Special.

Just wondering...

How many S8 films have you exposed in all the years which you were absent from this forum or even before that?

BTW (ONly) Your posts are much too wide for the width of this forum. I.e. some 3 times the width on a 16:9 monitor.