Help with Angenieux 10-150mm

Robert Hughes

I am in process of obtaining one of these lenses for my CP-16R. How does this lens compare to the other Angenieux zooms, say the 12-120mm lens? I understand it tends to vignette when close focussed and in wide angle. Is there a recommended modification to make it usable for Super 16?

I am in process of obtaining one of these lenses for my CP-16R. How does this lens compare to the other Angenieux zooms, say the 12-120mm lens? I understand it tends to vignette when close focussed and in wide angle. Is there a recommended modification to make it usable for Super 16?

There is no modification for S-16. The recommended lens for that application is the 15-150

The lens is sharper than a 12-120, but has much more flare, ie., the contrast level is lower, due to more scattered light. For this reason, the 12-120 is considered to be superior.

The quality of the 10-150's varied considerably. I used one which intercut with a Zeiss 10-100 T2 fine, others were coke bottle grade.

12-120HEC, not bad at all.

All of these will perform better stopped down a bit.

-Saam

Guest rickeisenstein

I have the Anigeniuex 10-150 Lens. It covers Super 16mm withouht vignetting from the range of 35mm-150mm, and at the widest setting 10mm, it seems to cover Super 16mm, but it is so close to the frameline that you run the risk of slight vignetting. The lens does breathe I find, but overall I am happy with the images I get from this lens. What I really like about the lens is it's zoom range.