The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3D

Ok, so has anyone seen this film yet??? Whats your opinion on the Cinematography and the overal story / characters, ect?

I have not seen it yet, but I am wondering if it;s even worth it, seeing as it seems aimed more toward the 3 - 7 crowd...

• Premium Member
Ok, so has anyone seen this film yet??? Whats your opinion on the Cinematography and the overal story / characters, ect?

I have not seen it yet, but I am wondering if it;s even worth it, seeing as it seems aimed more toward the 3 - 7 crowd...

I saw it with my boy. You might like it but you might not wanna let your friends SEE you liking it

lest you want them to treat you to a blanket party.

I checked out your new website:

http://newvisionent.bravehost.com/index.html

This was my favourite part:

http://newvisionent.bravehost.com/jobs.html

Quote:

Q: Do I need to live in Bloomington Indiana to work for your corporate office?:

A: Not usually, most jobs can and are outsourced to all parts of the world.

End quote.

Thanks, I needed that. But don't forget to do a spell check before you commit words to ether.

I can tell many of us will be knocking on your door in the future, you've got spunk. I wish

I'd had half of the drive you have when I was your age, unfortunately I owned a bong.

Quote:

Q: Do I need to live in Bloomington Indiana to work for your corporate office?:

A: Not usually, most jobs can and are outsourced to all parts of the world.

End quote.

Thanks, I needed that. But don't forget to do a spell check before you commit words to ether.

I can tell many of us will be knocking on your door in the future, you've got spunk. I wish

I'd had half of the drive you have when I was your age, unfortunately I owned a bong.

Thank you, lol...

Ok, what did everyon think of the Cinematography of the film? I know the CG parts of the film are probly ok... but as fare as the real parts, where everything in the frame was from real life.... Did the HD hold up well?

Im going to see it today, so I guess I could just wait to find out, but Im really interested in knowing what I'm going to see before I see it.

Just came back from the theater.... I must say good ol' Robert has done it again. But this time in a good way! The story was weak mind you, but still it carried a VERY strong message that most little kids need to hear. I do say that it catered more to the age 3 - 7 crowd, and I sure didnt get much from the story.

One thing I did find out is that HD dont suck on the bigscreen. This is the first time I seen an HD movie in theaters (at least one where some of the scenes were completely real, and not just bluescreen. While it did have a sort of "Cartoonish" feel to it (yes, im reffering to the live action) and I did notice some setbacks to it: A) These little white dots kept coming up in the scenes, It was not noticed in the 3D parts and the parts where 95% of the frame was in CG... But in the full HD live action frames, they kept coming... and coming... Im not sure what they where, but it did get kind of distracting after a while. Now for the pluses: )There was no grain what-so-ever. Usually when you go to see a film shot on film, it's got some traces of grain, you can always tell it. This was clean as a whsitle (minus the lil white spots)(and no, I didnt see this on Digital projection, it was on a film print. And also the resolution: It was just as good if not better than any film shoot on film I have seen... Most films that where shot on films have a very "Soft" feel, but this has a very high-rez feel that almost gave it an 'Animation-ish" type feel.

I did notice some blow-outs, but to my knowlege I didnt see any Pixels, or any "Digital Grain" at all.

Now mind you, this was not a huge theater, as it was showing in cinema 10 of 11 (Which is the second smallest screen).

One bad setback about the film: I had to pay!!! It appeared my working for the other cinema on the west side (which is the same chain), and they did not honor my "free pass"!

Oh well, it was all good! Great show Robert!

PS) Sorry for all the errors, but Im at the library and there getting ready to close, so Im writing this "Doube time"...

Edited by Landon D. Parks

those white dots are line-noise,

Oh, I see. well really It wasn't any more distracting than film grain is on film...

PS) Does anyone know what Robert is using these days to shot his movies? I'm guessing the F950 recording to HDCAM tape, but I'm not sure...

• Premium Member

I haven't seen this movie.. yet. Would like to.

Kind of reminds me how I've stayed under-the-radar with my appreciation of the Spy Kids series. I can't say I like Robert Rodriguez, but his ability to direct captivating and entertaining action movies with kid actors is amazing. He should re-focus his energy towards this genre instead of "big people" movies. There's nothing wrong with that, Robert.

• Premium Member

Well, you may find a treat waiting for you at the www.youthrights.org organization Landon is now associated with. Despite his unlikely geographical location, there are occasionally some cool things that go down. Indianapolis has been given "honorable mention" in Moviemakers "Top10 cities for filmmaking" the past two years in a row. Indiana isn't a mecka, but it has come a long way.

I was lucky to be involved in some of those cool things while I lived there. For a kid like Landon, he just needs to luck into some things as well. With his kind of nearsighted reckless abandon into a new love (i.e. - "directoring" and "d.p.'ing") how would you not want him on your side? The funny thing is, if you keep at it, you just might catch the eye of someone looking for a good PA.

I wish you the best, Landon! :)

Well, you may find a treat waiting for you at the www.youthrights.org organization Landon is now associated with.

Why would they find a treat there? Maybe the other memebers of this forum who are under age 18 might, but I don't think thats a site adults will like or care for much... so I dont see why they would find it such a "treat"... I dont get what your trying to get over here... Unless of course your trying to say It's wrong for me to be a member of this organization?