Lighting 4 DV

Guest mdcox

Guest mdcox

:D Hey every body, How are ya? Good! I think.

My question is this...

1. For video what is a good light kit out there for indoor and outdoor use?

2. If there is no such kit could you please list the lights I'll need?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Michael

• Premium Member

Arri Softbank Tungsten D2 is a good kit that works great for TV productions. It consists of a 650 w fresnel, two 300 w fresnels and a lot of extra goodies including scrims, stands and color-correction gels. I have that kit but it has all 650 watters. One of the downfalls to this kit is that it's basically indoor or nighttime use only. I would add an Arrilite 2000 w open face with both tungsten and 5600k bulbs for outdoor use. You can get all this for less than $2500 US. HMI's are easily that much for one light. But, if you need 'em, you just can't beet the output of an HMI.

Guest mdcox
Arri Softbank Tungsten D2 is a good kit that works great for TV productions. It consists of a 650 w fresnel, two 300 w fresnels and a lot of extra goodies including scrims, stands and color-correction gels. I have that kit but it has all 650 watters.  One of the downfalls to this kit is that it's basically indoor or nighttime use only. I would add an  Arrilite 2000 w open face with both tungsten and 5600k bulbs for outdoor use. You can get all this for less than $2500 US. HMI's are easily that much for one light. But, if you need 'em, you just can't beet the output of an HMI.

Thanks for the info Chris... :)