FNG with a "Film" question

my 'Film" question is about sound. Where would be a good place to get some sound info?

I have purchased a pro-tools "M-Box" and I have a couple good mics. The problem is the sound has a very "tin" like quality...and no one is talking(books or web sites) that specifically attack this problem.

thanks

my 'Film" question is about sound.  Where would be a good place to get some sound info?

I have purchased a pro-tools "M-Box" and I have a couple good mics.  The problem is the sound has a very "tin" like quality...and no one is talking(books or web sites) that specifically attack this problem.

thanks

If you have a ProTools interface and "good mics" you should have good sound. If the sound is not to your taste, you may want to think about other mics or pre-amps, because they all color the sound to some degree, but what you have should be acceptable to most people.

It may be the sound of the solid-state mis pre-amp that is not to your liking. Try a tube-based mic pre-amp for a more classic, warm sound.

Or, there may be something wrong with your equipment, or your monitoring devices.

Josh