Zeiss Ikon Moviscop

Luigi Castellitto

I know that the Zeiss Ikon Moviscop 8mm is one of the best Regular 8mm editor viewer, but I also know that it has not the frame adjustment function.
It is not needed, the image is always well centered on this machine? Or have other ways for centering? I not have this machine, but I could have it and I was interested in this detail.
Thank you! 1.gif

• Premium Member

It's a pretty bullet proof viewer. I know the 16mm variant and have no knowledge of framer issues at all. It could be that the lower tolerance for the smaller 8mm format could cause an issue, but I would have heard about it by now. I think it's a good purchase for Normal 8, and virtually indestructible.

On a side note, Cinematography.com has the age-old rule that people here choose their real first and real last name, in capitals and with a space in-between for their user name. Everyone here does it as a matter of valuing the professional advice and as a sign of netiquette and respect. Please go to My Account (top right hand corner of the website) > My Settings > Display Name, and insert your XXX YYY name in the entry field, enter password to acknowledge. Thank you very much. :)

• Premium Member

Hey, no problem :)

Sign in to your account on this website, then click on your appearing name 'mbaarviao' in order to have the drop-down menu appear.

In the drop-down menu, select and click/tap on 'My Settings'.

A new webpage should load with a sidebar on the left-hand side.

In that sidebar, select and click/tap on 'Display Name', fourth from the top.

Then another new webpage should load, showing you two entry fields: 'Enter your full real name:' and 'Password'.

Type your full real name Xxx Yyyy into the first 'Enter your full real name' entry field, and confirm by typing your password.

Click/tap on the button 'Save changes' et voilà, that's it.

Note that changing your display name will not affect your log-in details, so you will log in with whatever log-in name you had (either mbaarviao or an e-mail address or a passcode or whatever) and whatever log-in password you had. What matters here is that people use their real first and last name. Old rules die hard. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, perfect, thank you, Michael!

Yes, I buy Moviscop, it's a very nice editor, but perhaps not the best.

Elsewhere, I read that it's not the best about definition and the image is rickety; it is true! A lower quality editor viewer that I have, an old Chinaglia 8mm, is best of Ikon about clarity of image.
To adjust the frame position it's necessary to work a little 'with internal mirrors, which is not easy, and is preferable to remove the black frames around the screen (I read this too).
But the Moviscop is really gentle with the film, it goes easy in and out of gate, it runs very smooth!
I would like to read other opinions of those who have it. :)