Cheapo Deluxe Super 8 to HD!

I found this Optex TeleVideo Producer at a garage sale for $4.00. I thought gee I can't go wrong at that price! Of course being a producer I could not pay full price so I got the guy down to $2.65. (kidding kidding I paid the $4.00.)

I hooked it to my 5D and gave it a try. For four dollars it's pretty damn good! Makes a decent transfer and now I have my best Super 8 films backed up as HD files. Yes that's a crazy Kodak projector from the 80s, such cool stuff back then.

I was able to get nice focus and colour, but there is still some rolling shutter as I can't get the 5D to match the 18fps of the Super 8 exactly. I was able to get a lot of it out, but it's not perfect.

Heck for $4.00 you can't go wrong! These movies were made when I was a teen in the early 80s. Now I know what you're all thinking, Richard.....now that you have digital files post these to the web so that we may view these great works of art that turned you into such a brilliant filmmaker!

Well....that is not going to happen, more likely you will say, how did this total hack ever get to work in this industry!!

Here's the rig below, anyone else have one of these "boxes."

R,

post-4653-0-92086300-1474666906_thumb.jpg

post-4653-0-99065900-1474666929_thumb.jpg