1200' SR3 mags?

Brian Wells

• Premium Member

Last week I found a 1200' Arri mag on eBay being offered by Visual Products. Said it was not S16 or SR3 compatible. Long story short, that auction led to contacting a German reseller who sold a friend of mine TWO 1200' mags! We're hoping they will work with his S16 converted SR2, although it's unlikely they'll work with SR3 because the lower part of the mag looks like it won't fit. The 800' SR2 mags here work fine on both cameras in S16, so we're hoping the 1200' mags will, too.

Can you believe it!? 34-minute loads in S16! Has anyone else ever used these?

8b_1_b.JPG

0e_1_b.JPG

Hey John:

I've been wanting to get some 2-X negative in 1200-foot rolls for a while, but didn't know that Kodak still made ANY stock in that length. The longest I've seen advertised lately is 1000 feet. Does Kodak only sell such long lengths DIRECTLY to customers, or are there certain labs that sell film in these lengths. Like I've said, the longest I've seen is 1000 feet, and I just assumed that 1200-foot rolls of film went out with the Auricon. . .

~Karl

• Premium Member
Hey John:

I've been wanting to get some 2-X negative in 1200-foot rolls for a while, but didn't know that Kodak still made ANY stock in that length.  The longest I've seen advertised lately is 1000 feet.  Does Kodak only sell such long lengths DIRECTLY to customers, or are there certain labs that sell film in these lengths.  Like I've said, the longest I've seen is 1000 feet, and I just assumed that 1200-foot rolls of film went out with the Auricon. . .

~Karl

If it's not a catalog listed item, you need to approach your local Kodak sales representative with a viable business proposal that would justify slitting 54-inch wide rolls to the correct length to efficiently yield 1200-foot lengths. If the business case justifies it, a "Finish to Order" or "Special Order" specification can be added to the catalog. Not likely to happen with only a few dozen rolls a year.