Auto white balance

dear Filmmakers,

I have a lower-end sony DV camera that gives me everything I need manual(focus, exposure, shutter) but the manual white balance. It just automaticly balances itself constantly when the color temp is changed. Any tips on how to overide this and somehow get a consistant effect with the lighting. Whenever I use filters it shifts back to normal once I put it on.

The reason is because I am trying to get a cooler look with my movie.

But this isnt for long I am getting a 3ccd camera in a couple months. But for now any tips or suggestions for what I could do.

Thanks

• Premium Member
dear Filmmakers,

I have a lower-end sony DV camera that gives me everything I need manual(focus, exposure, shutter) but the manual white balance. It just automaticly balances itself constantly when the color temp is changed. Any tips on how to overide this and somehow get a consistant effect with the lighting. Whenever  I use filters it shifts back to normal once I put it on.

The reason is because I am trying to get a cooler look with my movie.

But this isnt for long I am getting a 3ccd camera in a couple months. But for now any tips or suggestions for what I could do.

Thanks

You didn't say which camera you are using but it sounds like you need to do your color correcting/balancing in post.