editing or camera/equipment

Guest bigal

I have a mini DV Panasonic handheld camera and am using Avid Free DV for editing. Which would be better to upgarde: the camera, the editing system, or just get good accessories?

And with that, what sould I upgrade it for? I like what i've seen so far from Adobe premire pro and avid and pinnicle but i would probably have to wait until the prices dropped. ANd I also like some of panasonic's and sony's shoulder mount mini DV's but the price is a factor as well.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be great. thanks

Your upgrade choices are largely dependent on your needs and current limitations.

Is your production capacity and quality currently limited by your hardware? Does your editing system provide you with the necessary tools to synchronize, cut and finalize a project? Does your camera provide an image that suits the material?

Or perhaps you should expand your production capabilities. Could you improve the caliber of production by investing in some lighting? Would a dedicated cameraperson or lighting technician be worthwhile? Are you getting access to decent scripts? Are you getting the projects you create out for others to see?

Go make some small projects and you'll find out where you need to grow.