push process 7205 2 stops

hello,

i intend to use push process for the new 250D 7205.

as my main stock for a project, i want to stay with it for this one dark gritty daylight interior, and probably i am going to push it 2 stops. to work at low light level but especially to obtain a more contrasty, textured, slight grainy negative.

it's super 16mm, the project will go straight to telecinema and video. no print.

does anyone experienced with such a force developped negative in the vision 2 stocks ?

i will probably rate it at 800asa. do i have to worry about the detail and quality of the stock in this lower part of the curve ? will the push raise the D min level, what about the blacks ? i know i can get those blacks back in telecine but i would like to know.

and what do you think about my latitude of exposure, even rated at 800, i want to expose faces and some details under the key (up to 1 / 1,5 stops for caucasian faces and dark parts of the frames further, to 3 to 4 stops under). will my shadows be detailed ? with 2 stops push (which i never experienced myself), i wonder how well is the lower part of the curve and how well it reacts.

bye

thomas

• Premium Member
hello,

i intend to use push process for the new 250D 7205.

as my main stock for a project, i want to stay with it for this one dark gritty daylight interior, and probably i am going to push it 2 stops. to work at low light level but especially to obtain a more contrasty, textured, slight grainy negative.

it's super 16mm, the project will go straight to telecinema and video. no print.

does anyone experienced with such a force developped negative in the vision 2 stocks ?

i will probably rate it at 800asa. do i have to worry about the detail and quality of the stock in this lower part of the curve ? will the push raise the D min level, what about the blacks ? i know i can get those blacks back in telecine but i would like to know.

and what do you think about my latitude of exposure, even rated at 800, i want to expose faces and some details under the key (up to 1 / 1,5 stops for caucasian faces and dark parts of the frames further, to 3 to 4 stops under). will my shadows be detailed ? with 2 stops push (which i never experienced myself), i wonder how well is the lower part of the curve and how well it reacts.

bye

thomas

Hi,

For a 2 Stop push I would want to test it myself!

• 2 weeks later...