Bought a new camera!

Brian Rose

I fnally upgraded from my Bolex RX. I am now the proud owner (once it arrives anyways) of an Eclair NPR, with a 12-120 Angenieux, 2 400 ft mags, two close focus diopters, Hafflexx compact crystal motor and a matte box! Can't wait to fire that baby up! Anyone else out there have the NPR?

BR

Yep, I've got one of 'em. I've gotten to know it pretty well over the years. It has a lot of little quirks and idiosyncrasies, but I am a serious fan. I sold an Arri S and an then an SR1 before I settled on the NPR. I think it's one of the best things going for under $10000. I use it from time to time to back up some very nice new cameras (like the XTR Prod and SR3A) and it never dissappoints.

GET A MANUAL AND READ IT. I'd say this applies to any camera - but there are certain circumstances where you can actually damage your camera if you don't follow the processes correctly. SO, don't forget to read first.

If you have any questions email me, there is a good chance that I can help you if you have a problem. Enjoy the NPR.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats!!

that was the camera that I was really hoping to get. Funny enough, I was offered that camera by (I think) the seller, saying that you backed out. I read your other post so I have no idea whats up. I hope you get it though.

I wanted that camera just for the motor as a backup for my own. I have a highly modified NPR, converted to Ultra 16mm, Color AZ spectrum Video tap, Perfectone compact motor, Canon FD mount, aluminum iris rod support and 15mm rods, etc, etc, etc...

I have used the camera to shoot several features and I love it. Other than with the motor ( the reason that I wanted yours ) I have had absolutly no problems at all. I now use it on a steadicam and continue to upgrade various parts as I go... Transmitter is next then FIZ.

Good luck I hope you get the camera and happy shooting

Oliver Gläser

cinematographer

• 1 year later...
Congrats!!

that was the camera that I was really hoping to get. Funny enough, I was offered that camera by (I think) the seller, saying that you backed out. I read your other post so I have no idea whats up. I hope you get it though.

I wanted that camera just for the motor as a backup for my own. I have a highly modified NPR, converted to Ultra 16mm, Color AZ spectrum Video tap, Perfectone compact motor, Canon FD mount, aluminum iris rod support and 15mm rods, etc, etc, etc...

I have used the camera to shoot several features and I love it. Other than with the motor ( the reason that I wanted yours ) I have had absolutly no problems at all. I now use it on a steadicam and continue to upgrade various parts as I go... Transmitter is next then FIZ.

Good luck I hope you get the camera and happy shooting

Oliver Gläser

cinematographer

Hey OLiver... I read that you have an eclair Ultra 16 with canon fd lenses.... are those still 35 mm ( Ithink they are) what adaptor did you use?

Also I was hoping to see some footage shoot with the NPR and these lenses do you have some that I can watch ......

Best Regards

Martin

I fnally upgraded from my Bolex RX. I am now the proud owner (once it arrives anyways) of an Eclair NPR, with a 12-120 Angenieux, 2 400 ft mags, two close focus diopters, Hafflexx compact crystal motor and a matte box! Can't wait to fire that baby up! Anyone else out there have the NPR?

BR

Hi

You have done a very good choise. I own an npr converted to s16 with arri b mount. Is a fine comera. I had done about 40 projects with this camera and the images are very good. I use a zeiss b 11-110 zoom

a distagon 16mm and a distagon 25mm also sonars and planars from my 35mm camera.