Applying 2 Lodz film school in Poland: any ideas?

I've applied to the lodz school of film in Poland and i have not received any responses to five emails, any helpful info over the phone, any indication when I will even hear anything from them about the program that should start in October... should I start to worry? Maybe beaurocracy works differently in eastern europe? From the looks of it I'm not sure this school is legitimate. Did Polanski and Wajda go through this uncertainty and doubt also? Someone, please, give me answers. Thanks.

Edited by Shizmo

• Premium Member
I've applied to the lodz school of film in Poland and i have not received any responses to five emails, any helpful info over the phone, any indication when I will even hear anything from them about the program that should start in October... should I start to worry? Maybe beaurocracy works differently in eastern europe? From the looks of it I'm not sure this school is legitimate. Did Polanski and Wajda go through this uncertainty and doubt also? Someone, please, give me answers. Thanks.

Well, it IS summer. They probably are not reading their e-mail while on holiday. Have you called them or visited? Sounds like a tough school to get into:

http://www.answers.com/topic/krzysztof-kieslowski-1

Kieslowski applied to the Lodz Film School and was rejected twice. To avoid compulsory military service during this time, he briefly became an art student, and also went on a drastic diet in an attempt to make himself medically unfit for service. After several months of successfully avoiding the draft, he was accepted to the Lodz Film School on his third attempt.

He attended from 1964 to 1968, during a period in which the government allowed a relatively high degree of artistic freedom at the school. Kieslowski quickly lost his interest in theatre and decided to make documentary films.

THREE attempts and he was...you know...Krzysztof Kieslowski.

Guest hoytevanhoytema

I think the entrance exams are pretty soon, so they should have contacted you by now: Maybe you have a wrong email....

swzfilm@filmschool.lodz.pl

operatorski@filmschool.lodz.pl

cameradept@filmschool.lodz.pl

try these...good luck

• 4 weeks later...

The Film school is not short of facilities, and I believe can hold it's own with it's finest European countaparts. I base that on the films I have seen of the schools and comparing them to British and French films in particular.

They are not nearly on the same level as the American Film Institute, or UCLA in terms of production value in cinematography , but overall I think their films are far better written and directed and don't suffer from the same cliche Hollywood cloning that those institutes do.

I have visited Lodz during the film Festival, its a sweet student city, although obviously not nearly as wealthy as the west, your money will go a lot further then you can possibly imagine, a lot further.

All the best

Edited by Sarfaraz Kaus