Computer Monitor Opinions

Chris Youell

Looking to revamp the old computer for primarily editing purposes. Besides reworking the insides of my machine I definetly need an upgrade on my monitor situation. Right now I'm using a heavy 19" CRT monitor and I was wondering which you would suggest, going with 2 19" LCD monitors or 1 larger LCD. I figure I can get the two 19" monitors for under $600 and for that price I can't really find one larger monitor. Any thoughts?

LCDs are supposed to be better on the eyes than crts and I think over time CRTS have effected my vision. Here at our office we have one system with dual 21" CRTs but to me I would rather have just one big monitor so in your case I would go with a widescreen lcd instead of 2 monitors. The space between the two monitors always bothers me. With one widescreen monitor you have the aspect ratio everything is going to.

If you decide on 2 monitors here is a kewl option http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...3909&CatId=1410

The best option I think would be something like the 20" Widescreen LCD from Apple

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...y=AppleDisplays

• 4 months later...
Guest beanpat
Looking to revamp the old computer for primarily editing purposes. Besides reworking the insides of my machine I definetly need an upgrade on my monitor situation. Right now I'm using a heavy 19" CRT monitor and I was wondering which you would suggest, going with 2 19" LCD monitors or 1 larger LCD. I figure I can get the two 19" monitors for under $600 and for that price I can't really find one larger monitor. Any thoughts?

keep in mind that the cheap LCD monitors do not show an accurate picture. fine for editing, but for picture quality evaluation you need a proper crt monitor that you can calibrate so you will have a good idea of what your final footage will really look like.