KODAK K100 16mm Turret camera.

Tomas Koolhaas

Hello everyone,

I just got my hands on a really old K100 KODAK 16mm turret camera with a bunch of beautiful EKTAR lenses, I am not familiar with these kinds of cameras (The oldest camera I have used before this was a PSR) has anyone got/used one and have any insight for me, things to watch out for would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Tomas.

Guest Michael Carter

I have Ektar lenses; mostly they are dusty inside, so, I took them apart and cleaned them. Very nice! They are pretty easy to take apart. However, the thing I found out was that you need to be sure to put it back together on exactly the same thread it came off of or it will not focus where it is supposed to. Threads start or end all around the barrel and it may be screwed back together on any one of them. Only one is correct. The ease and possibility of cleaning the lenses for that camera, and my Cine Specials which use the M or S mount lenses - Ektar, is what make it desireable to have around and use some imho.

I have two of these, the single lens model and the turret one. I also have a manual that came with the single lens mount model. There is a forum for owners of early Kodak cine cameras but it's not very active. Any questions you need answered? :)

I have two of these, the single lens model and the turret one.  I also have a manual that came with the single lens mount model.  There is a forum for owners of early Kodak cine cameras but it's not very active.  Any questions you need answered?  :)

I also own a K-100. Could you, please, give me information on the website you mentioned for users of early Kodak cine cameras?

Thanks, Richard

How is the camera in terms of image steadiness, compared to a B&H or Bolex?

Steven

It should be about the same as a B&H Filmo or a good non-reflex Bolex. I look at the K100 as a simplified version of the Cine Special. If you want rock-solid steady images find a Mauer or a Mitchell. ;)

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your replies, one question I had was about focus, I have only ever used reflex cameras and therefor am used to checking focus on the viewfinder, obviously with non-reflex cameras the focus measurement becomes more critical, but I am planning to shoot with a extremely shallow D.O.F (102mm lense open to 2.7) and do some handheld shots with a lot of movement, do you guys have any hints or tricks on how you keep the image in focus without being able to check it on the eyepiece.

Cheers.

Tomas.