Zeiss Super Speed Prime Set T1.4 MKI (B Speed) - Pristine Set / Duclos Upgraded

Yousuf Abbasi

Hi All,

I am selling my set of Zeiss Super Speeds T1.4 MKI (B Speeds). In pristine condition, mechanics are perfect and glass is scratch free. Freshly serviced and cosmetically upgraded by Duclos. I had not intended on ever selling this set, but we need the money. Price is $39,500.

I've shot with all types of vintage primes (K35, Lomos, Super Baltars, SS MKII/III). The MKI SS are probably my favorite vintage lenses, with a flare and contrast quality that resembles films of the 70's/early 80's. To me, the nine-blade "Reuleaux Triangle" iris is magical, with bokeh that is reminiscent of Scorsese's "Taxi Driver" & many of Kubrick's films (Shining, Full Metal Jacket, Barry Lyndon).  I've noticed these lenses are becoming rare, and I have yet to find a set in this condition.

Here are the specs:
- The lenses include 5 focal lengths (18, 25, 35, 50, 85). Imperial and metric scales (engravings are neon glow paint).
- These are S35 format, not S16. Very close serial numbers.
- Optics (all front and rear glass elements) are scratch free
- Rotations are smooth and consistent across each lens (i.e. every lens has the same feel when you rotate the barrels, no loose threads).
- Consistent gears and mechanics across each lens. All lenses have 80mm fronts, and Hard PL mounts (not PL adapters)
- New Arriflex front and back caps
- Cosmetically they are beautiful, better than any set I've seen. Service history at Duclos.

Pictures attached, and can send many more via email.

Edited by Yousuf Abbasi

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...