Canon 1014XLS Super 8

Guest Edward Neary

Guest Edward Neary

I own the Canon 1014XLS Super 8 camera and have had great success with it. I was filming yesterday and my auto focus stopped working. I'm certainly no expert and my manual does not describe anything about this camera. I'm wondering if I hit a button or did something for this to happen? Would anyone know the answer?

Hi, canon 1014xls does not have auto focus!!!!!!!!, if you mean the zoom does not work make sure the switch by the 'W' and 'T' buttons is set to either 'L' or 'H' when the switch is set to 'M' this means manual zooming only possible. Only canon 310xlaf, 310xlaf-s and 514xlaf-s models offered auto focus.

Andy

Guest Edward Neary
Hi, canon 1014xls does not have auto focus!!!!!!!!, if you mean the zoom does not work make sure the switch by the 'W' and 'T' buttons is set to either 'L' or 'H'  when the switch is set to  'M' this means manual zooming only possible. Only canon 310xlaf, 310xlaf-s and 514xlaf-s models offered auto focus.

Andy

Hey Andy,

I meant zoom, think I wrote the e-mail while half asleep. If your answer were only that simple. I have used the camera for about six months and no problems. It's something else, but I'm unaware. I may have to take it for a tune-up.

Ed