HDV 50i interlaced

Vedran Rupich

Recently, i shot a video using a sony HDV-Z1.

I was filming in 50i HDV.

Then when it was cature time, I used premiere pro with aspect HD.

Using this program, there is a lot of options, I tried to import in 50progressive despite the fact that i didnt shot in progressive and it looked very interlaced.

So i tried to capture in 50i and the footage still looks very interlaced.

I mean, I have seen material shot using the hdv-z1 and it holds broadcast quality.

How do I fix this? Is it only looking like this on my monitor and will it look differently on the tv?

I could always deinterlace it in After Effects but then I have to export it to SD before. a significant loss of quality. Or is there another solution or am i just panicing for no reason?

Guest Charlie Seper

Try resizing the viewing window in Premiere if you haven't already. Sometimes just changing the window size a tad will smooth out the jagged edges quite a bit.

• Premium Member

Hi,

Yeah, it's probably just a preview issue. Export a still and look at it in Photoshop at 100% zoom, and you'll probably see that it's just interlaced every other line.

> I could always deinterlace it in After Effects but then I have to export it to SD before.

Why would you have to downres it? After Effects 6.5 supports frames up to 4K square.

Phil