"dawn of the dead"

hello,

i just saw "dawn of the dead" (the new version directed by zack snyder).

i am pretty fascinated by the syle of cinematography. the DP is Matthew F. Leonetti.

I only saw the dvd , i didn't see it on theatre. i don't know if the images were so harsh, contrasty and colorful on theatre screen.

making a quick search on imdb, i found the film had been through a digital intermediate. so maybe, it was also very pushed on the prints.

you know sometimes you see films on dvd, where the look of the images seems "enhanced" compared to what you've seen on theatre.

so, to get back to this particular film, i was fascinated by the look of the cinematography. the day exteriors especially. they have a great textural quality. deep deep blacks and gorgeous and vivid colours, and extreme contrast. it looks like reversal stock. but i don't think they use this.

does somebody know some technical specs about it ? push negative to enhance colour ?

i also liked a lot the use of colors throughout the interiors in the mall, and during the night.

it has a special green tint (maybe enhanced by the digital timing) in the shadows and deep green in the lights, it seems.

i was wondering how well you can obtain this kind of green (sick) tint with gel on your lights ?

appart from the "plus green" gel, do you know any gel which can approach the sick tint of greenish fluorescents ?

thanks

thomas