tv screen

Guest Andy Kugler

Guest Andy Kugler

Has anyone had expereince (good) with shooting images off a tv screen on s8. I'm using a spot meter to determine exposure, but not sure which frame rate does away with those annoying lines on the screen. I've tried it several times, with several tvs, sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Not sure what the pattern is. Also does a flat screen or regular screen make any difference? Thanks for any help.

Andy

25fps frame rate applies to european standards (PAL).

If in the US shooting NTSC, the easy (and cheap) way to get a monitor shot is to simply shoot and transfer at 18fps. This gives you a decent picture.

Otherwise, for perfect results, you must shoot with a camera that has 30fps with phase control (to move the black bar out of the picture). Then transfer at 30fps.

Guest Andy Kugler
25fps frame rate applies to european standards (PAL).

If in the US shooting NTSC, the easy (and cheap) way to get a monitor shot is to simply shoot and transfer at 18fps.  This gives you a decent picture. 

Otherwise, for perfect results, you must shoot with a camera that has 30fps with phase control (to move the black bar out of the picture).  Then transfer at 30fps.

hEY, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. i'M USING A cANON 1014 XLS. I'LL GIVE THE 18FPS A SHOT.