Replacement shoulder pad for Sony DSR-400/450?

Dave Hall

I finally ordered my Sony DSR-450WS. Can't wait to get it! My question: does someone make a replacement shoulder pad for the 400/450 series cameras? I am used to the DSR-390 "DynaFit" soft shoulder pad. I figure if a soft replacement exists, someone here should know about it! I did a Google search, but no luck.

• 2 months later...

An update - I got no responses to this... I got my DSR-450WS - love it. After actually owning one, I see that the shoulder pad is fine as is. I see no reason to even try to look for another one. I have it slid pretty far forward to get the balance more toward the back, as I'm using Chinese lithium batteries that are very light.

Guest NBC Shooter

Cool! I'm thinking of getting a DSR450 real soon to shoot some short films with. I'm going with Anton Bauer ProPak 14s myself. Cheap, and they last pretty long. How about that sensitivity, eh?

Edited by NBC Shooter

• Premium Member
I'm about to do a comparison between my DSR-390 and the 450. The 450 has a higher S/N, but it is less light sensitive. I'll post the results soon - hopefully within a day or so.

Is that true when both are in interlaced mode, or when comparing the DSR-450WSL in progressive mode to the DSR-390 in interlaced mode?

(Most dual-mode cams lose 1 stop or so of sensitivity when switched from interlaced to progressive mode.)

Is that true when both are in interlaced mode, or when comparing the DSR-450WSL in progressive mode to the DSR-390 in interlaced mode?

(Most dual-mode cams lose 1 stop or so of sensitivity when switched from interlaced to progressive mode.)

I just posted my results in another thread. I did the comparisons all in 60i so it would be apples to apples.

• Premium Member
I just posted my results in another thread. I did the comparisons all in 60i so it would be apples to apples.

I saw that, but unfortunately you didn't specify the mode (interlaced vs. progressive) or the shutter speed for each camera, hence my questions in this and the other thread.