Film to video relationship after telecine

robby racer

Hi everyone, awesome forums!!

I did my first telecine last night and on the way home I remembered that I didn't get a telecine log file. Problem number one, but easily fixable with a call to FotoKem. Problem two, we shot full ap 35mm and didn't do any matting so there's no place for a window burn of the keycodes or timecode. Am I royally screwed when I want to go back to film after the editorial? It's just camera tests so if I am screwed it's not the end of the world. Thanks for any help or advice :)

• Premium Member
Hi everyone, awesome forums!!

I did my first telecine last night and on the way home I remembered that I didn't get a telecine log file. Problem number one, but easily fixable with a call to FotoKem. Problem two, we shot full ap 35mm and didn't do any matting so there's no place for a window burn of the keycodes or timecode. Am I royally screwed when I want to go back to film after the editorial? It's just camera tests so if I am screwed it's not the end of the world. Thanks for any help or advice :)

Did u do an ''one light'' telecine job?

I am guessing here that you just want to take the material for post poduction.

Do the editing, and after this cut the negative and edit it?

There is no problem that u have no space on the frame, u can just ask the technician to super-impose the keycode on your frame.

(if it isn't for television).

Dimitrios Koukas