Demo Reel

thepaul

You have a good reel there - shows a lot of versitality - nighttime shots look nice, animal shots look crisp, outdoor shot of the island was easily my favorite shot, the rock music videos looked like rock music videos, but the underwater footage is the biggest draw - you've seemed to have spent a lot of time in a diving suit, something that could come in handy for certain projects; also had some nice saturated colors on the outdoor shots, smooth pans and dolly shots. Overall very impressive BUT a little jarring because of how you made the order very random, might want to consider grouping your shots differently (animals, then rock, then night, etc.) but that's your preference. This reel is a good sell for a nature documentary if you add a few more location shots because the animals are great, and it also shows you can do bright outdoor daylight scenes as well as dark indoor nighttime, both tough extremes to shoot in. Well done.

I dont know about anyone else but I couldn't even concentrate on the images because the music was so annoying! the best music for a reel is barely noticable, but creates the right tone, not something that overpowering. No offense, just telling you what I fealt watching it.

Cheers.

I thought that the mixing of the different types of footage was very distracting. You went from drama to music to snake to drama, there wasn't much of a flow (I didn't have the music turned on). It also seemed a little dark, could be my monitor.

I would recommend cutting the second island shot. The first one is great, the second one is the same, but worse because of the camera movement.

I like the opening and closing shot.