HD training

David Ross

Can someone recommend a good place to get some HD training. I have been shooting 16 mm and video for about 23 years. I am currently using a SDX-900 as my main production camera. I love this camera, however it is not HD. I have looked in to the Santa fe workshops and they look to be very good. Then there?s the Varicamp which would seem like a natural progression from the SDX-900 . The Varicamp looked to be for Varicam only. I am looking for some type of training that can give me a good solid understanding of HD cameras[ all flavors} and some understanding of post production workflow.

In additional to sharpening my skills and understanding of HD, My company is considering purchasing a HD rig in 2006. My company produces mainly corporate video and regional TV spots. HD is clearly in our near future.

Any thoughts?

• Premium Member

I have attended about 3 or 4 Santa Fe workshops so far and would have to say that it is a great workshop to take to get a good grasp of HD. The workshop is usually 4 or 5 days long and includes lectures and presentation from many professionals, usually they are, Michael Bravin from Band Pro, Jeff Cree from Band Pro, Michael Condon from Clairmont Camera, Sean Fairburn, and many other people from all the major Vendors in HD equipment, ie, Sony, Panasonic, Thomson, Canon, Fujinon, Zeiss, etc...

The workshop mainly revolves around the F900, but also includes the Viper, F950, and Varicam.

Thanks for the input, You said you have attended 3 or 4 workshops. Did you feel you got your money's worth out of the seminars?. The one i looked at was 5 days and just under $2000. This is coming directly out of my pocket so i want to know if you felt it was a valuable experience.

Thank you!