24 tv serie

hey there,

24 is shot on 35mm, originally by Rodney Charters, CSC, on 5284 initially but i'm sure they've switched over to something else since that stock's demise.

Here's a link to the American Cinematographer article on the extremely well photographed show:

http://www.theasc.com/magazine/feb04/cover/index.html

best of luck

Guest jbraver
The show has reportedly switched over to the Panavision Genesis camera for the new season (yet to air).

really, that would kick a**. The genesis would be great for that show. But im skeptical, where did you hear this?

jake

• Premium Member
The show has reportedly switched over to the Panavision Genesis camera for the new season (yet to air).

'Reportedly' being the key word here. All I know for certain that on one of last season's episode, they used the Genesis as 3rd camera, alongside film cameras. For everything else I'd hold off all speculation until I hear it from an official source. There is so much talk going around about which show is shot on what and most of it is not true. Ficiton becomes fact vey fast on the internet.

• Premium Member

Wow. I'd be really surprised if that's true. Why would they switch to an unproven system that could concievably cause major delays when they're on such a tight schedule every week? I'll have to ask a friend of mine who often dayplays on the show. Hopefully he's been doing some days with them this season and will know. I'll post if I get a confirmation one way or the other.

Edit: Oops. I was thinking about CSI, but we're talking about 24. Not sure if anyone I know works on that show. Don't hold your breath on info from me, but I'll still ask around since I'm now very curious.

• Premium Member
Wow. I'd be really surprised if that's true. Why would they switch to an unproven system that could concievably cause major delays when they're on such a tight schedule every week?

Edit: Oops. I was thinking about CSI, but we're talking about 24. Not sure if anyone I know works on that show. Don't hold your breath on info from me, but I'll still ask around since I'm now very curious.

I read it in a sidebar article in either Film & Video or American Cinematograher, I'll keep looking for the article.

• Premium Member
I read it in a sidebar article in either Film & Video or American Cinematograher, I'll keep looking for the article.

I found the article, and I was mistaken about the switch for the new season. Apparently the production tested the Genesis in the final episode of last season, and included that footage along side their normal 35mm. The article makes no mention of the new season.

Note that the article is written by the DP, Rodney Charters, ASC, CSC. :

http://www.studiodaily.com/filmandvideo/searchlist/4444.html