ALEX SHOW US YOUR PIN_REGISTERED SUPER 8 CAMERA, DARN IT!

Guest santo

Alex, you are obligated to share a picture of your pin-registered super 8 camera, the Merkel or whatever it is called. I've been reading about you and it for some time. Here I'm reading about it again in another post on this board now.

Doing so with you beside it would make you a true hero in the narrow, nerdy world of super 8 -- but it is better to be a hero here than nowhere!

In a perfect scenario, you would be proudly beside it, the complete set-up, some shots of its internals. How about it, man! If you don't want to pose with it, fine, but at least let's see some pictures. Like a Christmas present for super 8 enthusiasts to dream about.

Edited by santo

• Premium Member
Alex, you are obligated to share a picture of your pin-registered super 8 camera, the Merkel or whatever it is called. I've been reading about you and it for some time. Here I'm reading about it again in another post on this board now.

Doing so with you beside it would make you a true hero in the narrow, nerdy world of super 8 -- but it is better to be a hero here than nowhere!

In a perfect scenario, you would be proudly beside it, the complete set-up, some shots of its internals. How about it, man! If you don't want to pose with it, fine, but at least let's see some pictures. Like a Christmas present for super 8 enthusiasts to dream about.

The makers of the camera loaned me some pictures of the camera and I do need to scan them so I can give them back. I just can't do it at this moment, I'm on a couple of deadlines, but I'll get to it within a week.

Alex, you mean you don't even have or know someone who has a digital snappy cam? How quaint and backwards- my phone even has one ;-)

I couldn't do without my little sony now- won it but they're not expensive.

Mark

• Premium Member
Alex, you mean you don't even have or know someone who has a digital snappy cam? How quaint and backwards- my phone even has one ;-)

I couldn't do without my little sony now- won it but they're not expensive.

Mark

Cell Phone, you have a cell phone! That's cool!

• 2 weeks later...
The makers of the camera loaned me some pictures of the camera and I do need to scan them so I can give them back. I just can't do it at this moment, I'm on a couple of deadlines, but I'll get to it within a week.

Hey, two weeks now. Actually maybe it's two years since that big thing about you getting this. I don't know, a long time, any way. I remember you talking about an expensive battery and stuff that cost a few thousand bucks? Any progress on taking a picture of your Mekel camera to share with everybody? I remember seeing scans of old brochures that somebody else other than you put up somewhere once. Does anybody have any of those?

Edited by santo

Hey, two weeks now. Actually maybe it's two years since that big thing about you getting this. I don't know, a long time, any way. I remember you talking about an expensive battery and stuff that cost a few thousand bucks? Any progress on taking a picture of your Mekel camera to share with everybody? I remember seeing scans of old brochures that somebody else other than you put up somewhere once. Does anybody have any of those?

Never new such a thing was real. I would like to see a picture of it. My camera can shoot at 54 per time but noshure if it is pin regeistered.

There was a brochure of this camera posted some time ago on the net and it's a real camera. The Mekel. Somebody else posted the scans of the brochure. However, Alex has never shown us a single picture or anything of his two examples he said he tracked down and has owned for a year or two and a big story became of it on another website. Not even a quick video cam pic or webcam pic or anything, though he is supposed to have two of them and spent thousands of dollars on some sort of custom battery to run them. I forget what that was about exactly. Nobody has ever figured out why he doesn't want to share a few pictures after so much talk about them.