ARRI 35IIC Röntgen (Medical, X-Ray) Camera Body New Old Stock

Jorge Diaz-Amador

Many years ago, when I was an ARRI dealer, I purchased the last NEW ARRI 35IIC Röntgen cameras from ARRI USA. These cameras have ZERO use other than the factory film test.

I have ONE N.O.S. 35IIC Röntgen camera body remaining. This is the only body that I modified to accept a 35-3 ground glass holder. Lens port is ARRI Standard. I modified the lens port so that it centers on Academy 35. This avoids scratching the mirror shutter.

The stock lens centering on the Röntgen cameras is Silent (DIN S35) and can only be used with ARRI Standard lenses with short mounts with a relief bevel and no projection of lens elements past the mount, or the mirror shutter will be scratched. So this is a very important modification to preserve the scratch-free mirror shutter.

This camera has a 35IIC High Speed (80 fps) film transport and a full aperture (DIN Super 35) gate. These bodies are compatible with any 35IIC motor and 35IIC or 35-3 film magazines.

The film door is hinged at the rear. The door will need to be modified by making an opening above the ground glass holder, mounting a 90º prism, and mounting a relay lens and video assist camera. Very compact c-mount 1080P and 4k cameras with HDMI or SDI output are now available at low cost.

There has been a lot of interest lately about using these cameras as precision film transports for 4k+ Digital Film Scanners. I had another N.O.S. body without a mirror shutter which sold recently. This body is the only one I have remaining.

I regret that I cannot offer any further modifications to this camera, nor modify another camera body. I closed my workshop over a year ago and have made a pivot to the high tech industry. I no longer have space or time for this type of work.

I am currently located in the San Fransisco Bay Area. This camera body is located in Los Angeles with a client. Inspection and delivery can be arranged.

Price $2950.- USD.

Shipping and insurance at buyers expense.

If you want to know more about these cameras: http://cinematechnic.com/products/arri-35iic-rontgen-medical-camera/

Contact me at cinematechnic [at] m a c d o t c o m

Almost forgot: I DO NOT HAVE ANY 2-perf (Techniscope) or 3-perf parts, 35IIC Crystal Motors, or anamorphic blocks for the 2C viewfinder. Repeat: I do not have these parts!

Thanks!

-Jorge Diaz-Amador / CinemaTechnic

ARRI 35II MX Side Door Open.jpg

ARRI 35II MX Front 896v.jpg

Edited by Jorge Diaz-Amador