Conrad Hall

Jonathan Bryant

Does anybody know what film stocks and lighting he used on American Beauty. Any facts about his other movies would be great. I really liked this DP and most all his movies from the 60s to Road to Perdition. In behind the scenes footage I noticed that he bounced light alot off of reflectors. I loved the natural look of his photography.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest no_soft_shots
Does anybody know what film stocks and lighting he used on American Beauty. Any facts about his other movies would be great. I really liked this DP and most all his movies from the 60s to Road to Perdition. In behind the scenes footage I noticed that he bounced light alot off of reflectors. I loved the natural look of his photography.

hi johnhollywood,

Conrad Hall is my all time fav DP!

In one of the final scene's in American Beauty where Lester and Angela are begining to get it on he used vision 500T 5279 rated at 400ASA. The lighting from the ceiling was the 'key' around 12 to 32 footcandles or about T3.2. More detailed information can be found in the March 2000 issue of AC mag!

On Road to Perdition he used EXR 100T 5248 and Vision 500T 5279. More information can be found in the August 2002 issue of AC mag!

cheers

no_soft_shots