ICG 600 Central Region

Hello, I recently had the opportunity to work on a project where I gained experience in flipping union roles. Currently, I am interested in joining Local 600 and have a question regarding my eligibility under these circumstances. Although my role on the project was that of a 2nd Assistant Camera (AC), I am seeking to join as a digital utility. I would greatly appreciate any information or guidance on whether this is a viable option within the union.

Additionally, I have encountered some difficulty in obtaining clear answers to my inquiries when contacting Local 600 directly. Specifically, I sought clarification on how to structure the description of my references, but the responses I received were somewhat dismissive. Therefore, I would greatly appreciate any insight or assistance from others who may have a better understanding of the requirements and expectations regarding reference descriptions for Local 600 membership. Thank you for your help and support.

• 1 month later...

Hi Mathew, 

I would reach out to a different office and try different reps until you get the answers you need. I joined by taking the test in NY, so I'm not sure what the process is like to join otherwise, but that's what I would do!

-Diana