Eclair NPR

IvanKane

Hi!

I have an old Miller fluid head tripod and I can't mount my Eclair NPR on it because the screw on the tripod is too small. I tried to use a converter but it just broke. I guess I need to change the screw but I don't know how. It seems that I will have to screw the head apart to change the screw but then again the screw is not just a normal screw. Any suggestions what I should do?.

Another question. Does the standard Eclair mattebox cover S16mm?

On mine (and I assume yours will be a similar model ) I have had to remove the top tilt plate from the tilt bearing. You can then slip the 1/4 20tpi screw and tighting knob out and replace it with a 3/8 16tpi bolt. I had a machinest put a knob on the bolt so I could tighten it without a wrench. Then replace the top plate. Save the 1/4 20 knob as it is useful when you want to go back to the smaller thread which is found on many light weight video cameras.

Hi!

I have an old Miller fluid head tripod and I can't mount my Eclair NPR on it because the screw on the tripod is too small. I tried to use a converter but it just broke. I guess I need to change the screw but I don't know how. It seems that I will have to screw the head apart to change the screw but then again the screw is not just a normal screw. Any suggestions what I should do?.

Another question. Does the standard Eclair mattebox cover S16mm?

It'll definitely cover some focal lengths. I dont know how wide you can go with it though. I think a 4x4 mattebox can cover s16 down to about 11mm though, which is pretty good. The eclair mattebox might be narrower however. I ended up getting an incomplete chrosziel mattebox off of ebay and jerry rigging a solid lens adapter ring to it. Seems to work out pretty well, but I still need a french flag for it !