35mm workshops

here is some datailed info

A 35mm film production "Bootcamp / Workshop?, is scheduled for May 15 - June 16, 2006. It was created and designed by Professor Tom Gregor who has been Instructor (and program director) at the Prague Film & Television Academy of Performing Arts, for the Tisch School of the Arts in New York(NYU).

Now available in Toronto, (closer and less expensive), the workshop program invites applications from qualified students or emerging professionals with serious aspirations in the directing and/or cinematographic aspects of filmmaking. Toronto has a robust filmmaking community and infrastructure, not to mention an exciting cultural environment, including of course, the Toronto International Film Festval.

Participants will receive hands-on training in 35mm film production (widescreen) while gaining work experience in the roles of Director or DP(and something to show at the end). You will be professionally mentored and will have a support crew of fellow students.

The workshop begins with screenplay development, moves through pre-production, a hands on camera workshop, 35mm production and postproduction (online).

All in just 5 weeks!

Therefore a deep passion for filmmaking is necessary for you to survive this challenging program (that?s why we call it Bootcamp). Deadlines are tough and demanding, as they are in the real film business. With a limit of 20 applicants, you will at the end of this workshop, screen 10 films (shot on locations) in an on line stage, with non-synchronous sound mix (music, sfx, VO only) and will receive a certificate of graduation from TPI upon course completion. You will also take with you a finished DVD of your completed project as well the film originals.

Let me know if u need any feedback,cos Im probably involved - i worked on similar program in Czech republic and they r trying to hire me.

Stepan Sivko

• 1 year later...

HI

WERE CAN I FIND MOR INFORMATION ABOUT BOTH COURSES.

THANKS

ARIEL

here is some datailed info

A 35mm film production "Bootcamp / Workshop?, is scheduled for May 15 - June 16, 2006. It was created and designed by Professor Tom Gregor who has been Instructor (and program director) at the Prague Film & Television Academy of Performing Arts, for the Tisch School of the Arts in New York(NYU).

Now available in Toronto, (closer and less expensive), the workshop program invites applications from qualified students or emerging professionals with serious aspirations in the directing and/or cinematographic aspects of filmmaking. Toronto has a robust filmmaking community and infrastructure, not to mention an exciting cultural environment, including of course, the Toronto International Film Festval.

Participants will receive hands-on training in 35mm film production (widescreen) while gaining work experience in the roles of Director or DP(and something to show at the end). You will be professionally mentored and will have a support crew of fellow students.

The workshop begins with screenplay development, moves through pre-production, a hands on camera workshop, 35mm production and postproduction (online).

All in just 5 weeks!

Therefore a deep passion for filmmaking is necessary for you to survive this challenging program (that?s why we call it Bootcamp). Deadlines are tough and demanding, as they are in the real film business. With a limit of 20 applicants, you will at the end of this workshop, screen 10 films (shot on locations) in an on line stage, with non-synchronous sound mix (music, sfx, VO only) and will receive a certificate of graduation from TPI upon course completion. You will also take with you a finished DVD of your completed project as well the film originals.

Let me know if u need any feedback,cos Im probably involved - i worked on similar program in Czech republic and they r trying to hire me.

Stepan Sivko