Ultra 2 chroma key????????

ajmax

has any one used the software ULTRA2 on to do chroma key?

i have just shot a big project on green screen where the client wanted wide shots showing outside of the green screen and it will be filled in as well....

he said that he will take my video and use ULTRA 2 which will allow for this to happen.

the client also said that shadows on the green screen and uneven lighting will not be a problem as well.

I may be old school, but i had a hard time accepting the fact that everything i have just mentioned would be possible.

the client kept assuring me over the shoot that it would not be a problem...Anyway, it's too late now... everything has been shot....

For my piece of mind, is there someone who can verify this?

Ray

Well, you can download the demo (250MB) and play with it and see for yourself.

i tried the demo and it is a well thought program I think, but I didn't really use it as it was intended.

It has the ability to select a precise area for the action to happen, so if your screen is not big enough, you just matte out the surroundings very easily. is also allows you to zoom, reposition, perspective, rotation ,correct colors, choose key-ranges and output is to any other format.

It also can use a live image (from a digital camera like DV) and key directly on that, and that is a feature that no other program has. i used it mainly for this feature. This live keying cannot be outputted to a file but it gives you direct control on set about the quality of the key.

BUT!!!!!! Though it might be more easy to get a key with a less perfect lighting of the screen, it really helps if you still take good care of it!

Ultra seems to do a nice job on edges, color fringing etc, but a good and even exposed screen always gives a better key!

Rob van Gelder