Hollywwod camera work

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey James,

Yah I only rented 2 of the 6 DVDs their not bad actually - no let me correct that - their pretty good and pretty advanced stuff, if you still wanted to get them I suggest just renting them here's the url: http://technicalvideorental.com/index.php?...mp;cPath=109_86 and their the last 3 @ the buttom of the page. Hope this helps!

my best,

Joey Dee

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi James,

I got them early on by adding them as research materials to the cost of a production I was doing. The producer was kind enough to comply. I was very lucky because they are a bit pricey. You'll find my endorsement on their website. I don't think I've ever run into any materials on camera movement as good as these. If there is something better, please tell me. All six of them are a course in their own right.

Not only do they give you great ideas for your shot moves but they help you to organize a methodology in your shot movement approach so you, as the DP, can back out and think bigger picture.

One of the most useful things about discs 5&6 is the shorthand for shot motion you learn. I challenge you to just memorize the methodology of the notation. With a little practice you can quickly sketch out 4 or 5 ideas while doing your location work and discover a unique movement vocabulary that fits your project. I find it enormously useful. Like everything else, it does take a bit of effort to learn. But I find they help me to see further into the material.